Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum


Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

What Ole Henriksen Says:
Like a daily vitamin for your face, this high powered vitamin C complex helps smooth out lines and wrinkles and prevents further damage. Loaded with antioxidants to fight off environmental aggressors and moisture-binding ingredients to keep your skin nourished and protected, this aromatic serum is absorbed instantly and penetrates to the deeper layers of the skin to provide long term results. Sensitive skin prone to irritation will benefit immensely from the calming properties of this oil-free serum.

Available Size: 1 fluid oz (30ml) - 1.7 fluid oz (50ml)

Where I Got it: Sephora
                                           
My Review:

Scent:
This has an orange citrus scent. I usually don't like products to have a sent and it is a strong smell but it fades quickly. I actually really enjoy the smell of this product. It's a nice citrusy wake up in the morning.

Packaging:
I am not a huge fan of the packaging. It is a glass bottle with a pump which looks nice / high end. I don't mind the bottle but the pump can be hard to control. I find a full pump to be WAY too much product. Also when the product is nearly empty you can't get all of it out of the bottle. So that is definitely annoying considering the price.

Consistency:
The consistency is a loose serum. It's not real thick and I think it absorbs into the skin quickly. If you use too much product it could end up feeling heavy or tacky on the skin. I use this under a separate moisturizer. I spread around the face/neck easily so a little product goes a long way.

Overall:
I have dry sensitive skin that is acne prone. I LOVE this product. I think it helps brighten my complexion and has helped reduce the number of breakouts I have. There is a visible difference in my skin when I stop using this product. I almost think it adds a barrier to my skin helping prevent breakouts. I don't have a lot of fine lines so I'm not sure how much plumping action is going on. Overall I think my skin just looks healthier and brighter when using Truth Serum. I have repurchased multiple times.

Pros:
Brightened Complexion
Better Skin Texture
Non greasy
Light-weight
Helped prevent breakouts
Natural
Paraben Free

Cons:
Pricey
Not fragrance free
Packaging

Final Verdict:
8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment